Working in the UK after study

Where do I start?

Start by using our E-learning guide International Student Pathway Working in the UK and understanding your visa options which contains information on the UK job market, what employers are looking for and how to target the right employers to secure a visa.

Visa options

Please use the UKCISA and the UK Visas and Immigration websites for a full list and detailed explanation of the visa options and requirements and guidance on applying.

Temporary worker visas


Immigration queries and legal advice

We can provide basic information and signposting to visa options to work in the UK after study, but we are not legally authorised to give guidance on visas or support with visa applications.

If you have an enquiry or issue concerning your student visa please contact the University's Student Immigration Team.

If you need specialist advice on visas you can search for an immigration solicitor by location and legal issue you need help with on the Law Society’s website.

Immigration advice appointments via zoom

If you have an issue concerning your immigration status, appointments are available with Latitude Law, a specialist immigration law firm based in Manchester.

Consultations are available to all students who are experiencing immigration concerns, or who need advice with future immigration applications. These sessions are held via Zoom.

Please note that if your enquiry relates to your Student visa, you should contact the University's Student Immigration Team instead.

  • Appointments with Latitude Law are 30 minutes and are free.
  • You will need to pre-book your appointment with Latitude Law and can do so by e-mailing with the following information:
    • Your name
    • Your telephone number
    • The expiry date of your current status
    • You level of study (eg undergraduate degree) and when your course is expected to complete
    • A brief summary of what you would like to discuss (eg “I am graduating this year and intend to marry my British partner and remain in the UK”.
Latitude Law's full privacy and data policy is available online.
If you need further help the solicitor will be able to discuss fees for ongoing services.
If you need to speak with a solicitor urgently, you can contact Latitude Law on 0161 234 6800.
The University of Manchester is not responsible for the legal advice provided by the law firm Latitude Law Limited, nor does it endorse or recommend any of its services or legal advice. Any student who uses the services of Latitude Law Limited does so at their own risk. There are other law firms in Manchester that offer similar immigration services to Latitude Law Limited, such firms can be found on the Law Society’s website.