The 2013 Fair
Manchester Central (formerly the G-Mex)
Tuesday 19 November 2013, 12:30pm - 4:00pm
The fair is open to students or graduates from any institution, from both law and non-law courses.
This fair is an excellent forum for students and graduates to have discussions with firms of solicitors about their opportunities for vacation placements and training contracts, to talk to training providers about their law courses or to find out about careers at the Bar or in other areas of Law.
This year we have 100 exhibitors attending, including firms of solicitors, course providers and representation from professional legal bodies such as The Bar, Solicitors in Local Government, Young Legal Aid Lawyers, The Manchester Trainee Solicitors Group, The Legal Aid Practitioners Group, The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives and many more.
A list of exhibitors will be available nearer the time.
If you are an exhibitor or a recruiter interested in exhibiting at this fair, visit the information for exhibitors.
Register to attend
Online registration for the fair will open on 12 September 2013.
If you are unable to register in advance or forget your entrance ticket, you will be able to register on the day, but you may have to queue to do so.
Who is it for?
The Law Fair is open to:
- Law and non-law first degree and postgraduate students from any institution.
- Students on legal conversion (CPE) and vocational (LPC) courses.
The Law Fair gives students the opportunity to:
- Find out more information about training for the legal profession.
- Make personal contact with representatives from firms of solicitors and course providers - see the full exhibitor A-Z.
- Talk to graduates currently training to be solicitors and barristers.
- Find out about vacation placements and training contract vacancies.
- Pick up firms' literature to help your research.
- Gain information to help determine which firms/organisations to apply to now or in the future.
- Get advice from professional bodies, such as the Manchester Trainee Solicitors Group, The Legal Aid Practitioners Group, The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, the Bar Council, and many more.