Ethnic Diversity Fair
The 2013 Fair
The Whitworth Hall, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road M13 9PL
Wednesday 9 October 2013, 11am - 4pm
The Ethnic Diversity Fair is an information and jobs fair aimed at black and Asian students and graduates. It links students and graduates with employers who value developing a diverse workforce and are therefore keen to promote their opportunities to you.
It is a great opportunity to make personal contact with representatives from around 25 organisations in a range of professional areas, all of which are committed to developing a diverse workforce.
Exhibitors at this fair recognise that valuing cultural diversity is a business imperative.
If you are an exhibitor or a recruiter interested in exhibiting at this fair please see the information for exhibitors.
This information and jobs fair is specifically for black and Asian students and graduates. It is a great opportunity to make personal contact with representatives from around 25 organisations in a range of professional areas. All exhibitors have graduate vacancies for autumn 2013, some have work experience opportunities and some have jobs with immediate starts. All in all, hundreds of interesting opportunities will be on offer from a diverse range of recruiters.
Exhibitors at this fair recognise that valuing social and cultural diversity is a business imperative and they are committed to developing a diverse workforce. They are taking positive action to attract members of under-represented racial groups within their workforce, with the aim that their organisation is culturally and ethnically diverse. However, the fair is open to all students.
They are keen to promote their opportunities to you.
The Ethnic Diversity Fair gives you the opportunity to:
- Make personal contact with leading employers from the city, commerce, industry and the professions.
- Pick up company literature to help your research.
- Get expert advice on what certain careers might involve and how you can get the job you want.
- Determine which organisations you wish to apply to.
Who is it for?
Come along to the fair if you are a:
- Pre-final year, final year or postgraduate student looking for a job in 2013.
- Student wanting to learn more about careers in your chosen field before starting your job search.
- Recent graduate looking for an immediate or future job in your chosen field.
An Immigration Lawyer will be present at the fair to advise international students on applying for leave to remain in the UK for work.