The Postgraduate Study Fair
Welcome to The Postgraduate Study Fair 2015
Monday 16 November 2015, 10:30am-4:00pm
Manchester Central, Manchester
In association with:
Now in its 22nd year, this highly regarded fair is an excellent forum for representatives from higher education institutions, who are seeking to fill their postgraduate course places for 2016, to meet and talk with interested students.
Each year, the fair visited by an excellent calibre of students for all over the UK. Over 90 institutions mainly from throughout the UK but also some from overseas are represented at this popular fair, as well as advisory bodies, such as FindAPhD.com and FindAMasters.com, Postgraduate Studentships.co.uk, the US-UK Fulbright Commission.
We hope that you will join us at the fair in November and that you have an enjoyable and productive day.
Exhibiting with us offers you a cost-effective way of targeting potential postgraduates, as the drive to recruit postgrads gathers pace and the competition for the best students increases.
The Postgraduate Study Fair at Manchester will:
- Ensure that final-year students and recent graduates from institutions throughout the UK are aware of you and your postgraduate opportunities
- Allow you to talk face-to-face with potential applicants from not just the North West but also elsewhere, all with a serious commitment to further study
- Give you a high-profile in the publicity which is circulated to all HE institutions
- Benefit specialist course providers who will be featured alongside the largest institutions in the UK
- Increase your internet profile by the provision of links from various careers related websites
- Help generate the quality applications you need to fill your taught courses and research programmes
- Give you free national publicity for your institution, your website and your postgraduate opportunities
Manchester is at the heart of one of the largest concentrations of students in Europe.
Each year, over 50,000 students graduate from the 15 universities within 40 miles (60km) of Manchester.
In the last 20 years, students and graduates from over 100 institutions throughout the UK and Europe have visited the Postgraduate Study Fair at Manchester.
With 12 months' free exposure on the postgraduate fair website, and with hyperlinks to your own site and to Graduate Prospects website, the audience potential is vast.
Statistics of attendees at last year's fair
Visitors by status
Recent graduates: 17%
Visitors by discipline
Life Sciences: 12%
Engineering/Science/Technology inc. Maths, Physics, IT: 30%
Social Science: 14%
Visitors by institution
The University of Manchester: 40%
MMU and Salford: 16%
Other UK and overseas: 44%